A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
NOTE: This is a demo version of the game! The full release is still a work in progress.
(You can snoop on my progress via my blog or my twitter!)
- [1/12/2017] After a long hiatus, I started picking back up on SB. Organized my outline for all my unwritten scenes.
- [1/30/2017] Up to about 4k more to the script, nearly done with Dion's route.
- [3/9/2017] +2k words, Romance scene for Dion complete
- [3/25/2017] Dion's route is averaging more than 21k words! Woo! ^^
- [5/22/2017] Dion's route and Junya's routes are completely finished.
- [5/30/2017] Current writing is being imported into the game script and will be starting to code. Screenshots of new content and progress will appear within this upcoming months on my twitter (@cooljalebis)
- [4/3/2018] Still working on this! If you want to see screenshots and intimate WIPS of all the CGs and backgrounds that are getting done, support me on patreon! Also, the summary has been changed to sound a bit more specific and less vague.
- [11/28/2018] Writing is LITERALLY almost done!! I've been posting a lot of progress on my patreon, but I've recently got a VN tumblr for the public to follow. I'm getting things moving so I imagine that 2019 might be an estimated release date.
- [2/7/2019] Long overdue mini update-- but, THE WRITING + CODING IS DONE! I'm currently giving everything I have to finish all the art assets, including the event CGs, backgrounds, and GUI. All that progress is updated via the tumblr, always on my patreon, and sometimes my twitter. Check it out!
- [5/6/19] I'm still chipping away at the assets for the game and it's been going pretty well! The BGs are 90% complete and all the CGs are sketched, but they need to be lined and colored. Afterwards I'll have to do a lot of editing and playtesting before any kind of beta version will be released. I also want to update the public demo sometime soon as well. Lastly, patrons will be getting access to the beta version, so be sure to keep an eye out to see when you can hop onto the patron to grab your copy! ^_~
- [2/13/2020] HOOKAY we're getting there people!!! The beta release is stated to release TOMORROW, on Valentine's day for patrons! Take a look at our newest development log to find out more information! 💖💕
- [3/15/2021] The pandemic was a tough ride, but I'm getting back to finishing up the game! I'm revamping the game into a new resolution and redoing the GUI currently. Afterwards, I'll be looking for someone to look over the script and I'll be doing my editing this year. All the CGs are lined, they just need to be colored. Thank you for waiting! I'm hoping to release by the end of the year, or beginning of next year.
THE STORY SO FAR...
Ezra has come to a conclusion: he must drop out of college by the end of the semester. While spending his last moments on campus, he struggles against the very idea of having to go home—so much so that he's delaying expressing his unexpected decision to all of his classmates. As if an unfinished college degree isn't shameful enough, having a few budding romances mixed in an existential crisis is the last kind of cocktail from hell Ezra needs in his life right now. While having to face many complex issues of his own creation, Ezra must come to terms with all his lingering resentments, fears, relationships, and most importantly—himself. Will he build the courage to finally say goodbye?
Created as an entry for Yaoijam 2016. 💖
↪ View the lemmasoft thread for more information about the game!
➡ And reblog the tumblr post to spread the word!
This is pretty much an alternate universe featuring the cast of a another VN I've been working on called Dakota Wanderers. Due to being busy with other projects, my progress for that visual novel hasn't gotten far in the script. Since the project started in 2013, I've been worried about keeping the interest I have for these characters, so I figured Yaoi Jam would be the perfect opportunity to let loose and write my characters freely. Happy to say that working on this game for the past two months has been a total blast! I'm very excited to release this demo, and hopefully the full release won't be too far off.
This demo is roughly 16k words and may take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay. I looked over the script as much as I could, but there's always the possibility of having errors. Feel free to contact me via lemmasoft or twitter if you encounter any bugs or grammatical slip ups.
Also, any feedback on the demo would be much appreciated! The full release is still in the works, so any insight on how to improve the experience would be great. Thanks!
Demo: Alcohol use + some foul language
🚫17+ for language and heavy story content. (more detailed content warnings to come)
🌟Full game will have no graphic sexual content: the game is focused on asexual romance!
Story and Art - Boniae
Backgrounds - Boniae
Music - RedRobotix and NoyemiK
Extra - Kla's transition wipes
Check out my other projects!
|Tags||asexual, Boys' Love, bxb, LGBT, Mouse only, Ren'Py, Romance, Text based, Yaoi, yaoijam|
|Average session||A few seconds|
- Beta release is up!!!Feb 14, 2020
- Beta version slated to release TOMORROW on patreon!Feb 14, 2020
- Sagebrush backgrounds, importing CGs, GUI, and an upcoming beta version?Sep 07, 2019
- There's a patreon for Sagebrush!!!Mar 03, 2018
- It's been awhile! (November 27, 2017)Nov 27, 2017
- All recent updates (June 1 2017)Jun 01, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
how can I pay for beta release?
hi, I would like to know if Sagebrush was soon finished?
this game is already so good for a demo!! i genuinely can't wait for the full game!!
I like it so far. c:
That art style is so cool and quite unique, I quite like it. And I'm pretty hyped for that game of yours buddy eheh.
Keep up the good work! And have a nice day :P
Oh man, woah thanks a bunch!! I'm really happy to hear that you hyped for it and that you think it's cool! 😭🙏 Hopefully the full release shouldn't be too long! Thanks for your comment and hope you have a great day too! :-)
Oh, take all the time you need though, you can't rush perfection ahah
And thanks :)